Homework is not given to the learners here at GGS, but worksheets are given for the self-assessment of learners and to map it with the curriculum.
Listed below are the responsibilities of educators, learners and parents with regard to homework.
- Assign homework that is meaningful and useful to individuals
- Provide appropriate and timely response to all homework assignments.
- Provide a balance between long - range and short-term assignments
- Give assignments over weekends which are no longer than a daily assignment.
- Monitor long-term assignments in order to avoid last minute learner efforts,
- Give clear, concise directions; allow time for learner questions, consider availability of materials; provide legible worksheet.
- Inform parents of their role in supervising homework
- Ensure that learners who are absent, know how they may make-up homework.
- Monitor the effectiveness of homework as reflected in learner performance
- Ensure that homework is a relevant extension of work assigned in class.
- Ensure that all homework is corrected.
- Ask questions when necessary to clarify the assignment
- Follow a schedule and keep materials in order
- Hand in, on time, neat, accurate, and meaningful assignments,
- Plan time for completion of long-term assignments
- Complete homework assignment during absence
- Oversee that the homework gets completed
- Be available for the child in case there are any questions of how to go about completing an assignment.