A student council is a group of students who have each been democratically elected. Each student council member plays a specific role in the council, and the members of the group work together to plan activities, confront and resolve problems, and build leadership skills through the implementation of beneficial activities during the school year. It is necessary for the students to realize the importance of student council through which they can express their needs, solve their problems, discover their abilities, and enhance their talents.
- Student council is formed in the month of June from the learners of Grade V to IX
- The election campaigning is carried out in the first week
- Elections are conducted in the second week
- After the elections and selections a school council is formed and Investiture ceremony is held in the third week for deputation of duties to the members
School council comprises of :
- Head boy and Head girl
- House captain - one in each house
- Vice Captain – one in each house
- Discipline Secretary - 3
- Assistant Discipline Secretary – 3
- Student Welfare Coordinator – 3
- Cultural Secretary – 1
- School Marshalls – 1 boy & 1 girl from each class
After the investiture ceremony one formal meeting of the student council and the principal is conducted in order to make them understand their roles and responsibilities.